Born and raised in Tampa, Drew attended Tampa Preparatory High School and then graduated from New College of Florida, The State’s Honors College, in Sarasota. During Law School at the University of Florida, Drew interned as a student law clerk for both State and Federal Judges in Tampa and worked as a certified legal intern at the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office.
At the State, Drew was able to conduct voir dire (jury selection) and prosecute criminal jury trials before he graduated from law school. It was during this later experience that he came to understand the invaluable litigation experience that was, in large part, available only in the underpaid and sometimes undervalued government sector.
Directly after law school, Drew began working as an Assistant State Attorney in Tampa with a focus on jury trial litigation. As a prosecutor, Drew selected more than 75 juries and tried over 100 cases to verdict.
Drew McCulloch has prosecuted a variety of crimes from misdemeanors such as
- Driving Under the Influence
- Possession of Marijuana
- Criminal Mischief
- Possession of Paraphernalia
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Petit Thefts
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- No Motorcycle Endorsement
- Obstructing an Officer without Violence
- Driving with a Suspended License with Knowledge
- and many more
Drew McCulloch has prosecuted a variety of crimes from felonies such as
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Cannabis (over 20 grams)
- Grand Theft
- Aggravated Batteries with a Deadly Weapon
- Felony Petit Theft
- Felony Battery on a Person over the age of 75
- False Imprisonment
- Possession of Cocaine/Heroine/MDMA/Controlled Substance
- Fleeing to Elude
- Delivery of a Controlled Substance within 1000 feet of a School
- Grand Theft Motor Vehicle
- Aggravated Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer with a Firearm
- Burglary of Dwellings
- Felony Battery by Strangulation
- Felon in Possession of a Firearm
- Obstructing or Opposing an Officer with Violence
- Felony DUIs
- Battery on a Law Enforcement Officer
- Destruction/Tampering with Evidence
- Failure of Sex Offender to Register
- Leaving Scene of an Accident with Death/Serious Bodily Injury
- and many more.
As a felony prosecutor Drew was engaged on a daily basis with habitual felony offenders, prison release re-offenders, media cases, RICO cases, and drug trafficking cases, many of which carry mandatory minimums of 3-15 years, or more These experiences give Drew insight other attorneys don’t have.
“I am committed to representing my clients to the fullest of my abilities and I knew it was impossible to provide top quality representation without fighting in the trenches, immersing myself in the jury trial system, and learning what the other side is working with. If you've never picked a jury or gone to jury trial, how can you fully inform your client and how do you know you’re getting the best deal from the prosecutor or insurance company?”
- Drew McCulloch
With experience, knowledge, and confidence, Drew opened McCulloch Law, P.A. in 2014. McCulloch Law, P.A. is committed to standing apart from other firms by accepting a limited number of cases to ensure quality representation and assertive client communication. Your case will not be handled by a paralegal or case manager, your case will be handled by a licensed Florida attorney dedicated to protecting your rights and your liberty.